It is important that you know exactly what to expect on the day of your eye lasering treatment, as we don’t want to leave anything to chance. Prior to the treatment, we will allow ample time to go over the procedure in detail and to answer all your questions.
- 7 days before treatment, you should stop using makeup around the eye.
- 2 days before the eye lasering procedure, you should stop wearing contact lenses.
- If it has been discussed with you that your contacts need to be left out for a longer period of time, you must follow these instructions.
- At the appointed time, please report to Mediclinic. Parking is free, but please be advised that you cannot drive yourself home. Therefore, we advise that you bring someone with you. Our experience also shows that it is better for you to have someone accompanying you.
- You will spend about 2 hours in the clinic. We will discuss the procedure with you, as well as how to use the eye drops after treatment. You will have to collect these drops from the pharmacy yourself beforehand.
- The procedure itself takes about 20 minutes. You will be lying on a comfortable treatment table, and your eye will be positioned under the laser. The procedure itself is painless, but you will still be able to feel some sensations. This is not painful, however, at any point.
- Once the laser starts the effective correction of the cornea, the surgeon will ask you to look at a blinking light. This light is easy to see.
- After the treatment, you will remain at the clinic for another 20 minutes, after which your surgeon will conduct a final check. Once this is done, you are ready to go home.
Do you want to know more about eye lasering? Don't hesitate to contact us. We'll gladly give you more information.