After your eye surgery, we will arrange your follow-up visits. You can contribute to a swift recovery by following these guidelines:
- Do not rub your eyes after eye surgery. Dabbing around the eye with a tissue is allowed.
- Use eye drops. The drops improve the eye surface’s healing process and minimize the risk of infection. After the procedure, we will explain to you clearly how to administer the eye drops.
- Always wash your hands before using eye drops or touching the area around the eye with your fingers.
- Avoid swimming or using a sauna for 2 weeks post-procedure.
- Avoid wearing makeup for 2 weeks post-procedure.
- Up to 1 year after the eye surgery, use sunglasses with a good UV filter when exposed to ultraviolet light (e.g., bright sunlight, skiing trips and sailing).
Specific information per procedure:
- With Femto-LASIK, you will need to attach protective plastic caps over the treated eyes at night for 1 week. We will supply the caps. This does not apply to PRK/LASIK and ReLEx smile.
- With Femto-LASIK, the eye will remain slightly more vulnerable after treatment than it was before. Therefore, it is recommended that you always wear protective glasses while participating in contact sports.