Dr. Van Cleynenbreugel studied medicine at the Catholic University of Leuven in Belgium. He started working as a laser eye surgeon in the Rotterdam Eye Hospital in 2002, having finished both his ophthalmology training and an additional full year of intense anterior eye segment surgery training there.
He has been performing refractive surgery since 2002 at the Eye Hospital Focus Clinic in Rotterdam. Between 2007 and 2012, Dr. Van Cleynenbreugel was the medical director-in-chief of the Cornea and External Disease Department.
Dr. Van Cleynenbreugel began practicing eye surgery at Medifocus since 2013.
Dr. Van Cleynenbreugel is a member of the following institutions:
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS)
- Belgian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (BSCRS)
- Dutch Ophthalmic Society (Nederlands Oogheelkundig Gezelschap)
- Dutch Society for Refractive Surgery (Nederlands Gezelschap voor Refractie Chirurgie)
- Dutch Intraocular Implant Club (Nederlandse Intraoculaire Implant Club)
- Cornea Study Group Kok-van Alphen
- Belgian Ophthalmic Society (Belgisch Oogheelkundig Gezelschap)